Dhoad Gypsies of Rajasthan
2016: The Fryderyk Award (Polish Grammy equivalent) in 2016.
2018: Rajasthan Gouvrav (Pride of Rajasthan) – Rahis Bharti
– UNESCO award for Cultural Ambassador of Rajasthan Bestowed upon Rahis Bharti in Tokyo, Japan
– District Award by city of Jaipur on the Independence day of India
The Dhoad Gypsies of Rajasthan is a collective of consummate, wise and spirited musicians, vocalists and dancers of all generations. The mesmerizing, spectacular, show of poets, troubadours, musicians, dancers and fakir (fire eater) from the country of Maharajas.
With six musicians, one dancer and one fakir/fire-eater. The Dhoad Gypsies are dedicated to gathering the leading figures of the Rajasthan musician castes.
Award winning founding musician and artistic director – Rahis Bharti – has spent over eighteen years spreading the musical culture of Rajasthan to a world wide audience.
The Dhoad Gypsies’ new album Times of the Maharajas takes us back to majestic celebrations in palaces of the “Land of the Kings”. With an impressive tour history of over 110 countries including venues, festivals and performances to the likes of Presidents, Queens and nobility… It is no wonder the Dhoad Gypsies are known as The Cultural Ambassadors of Rajasthan.
Witness seven generations of ancient to modern music passed down through the ages in fascinating India.
The Dhoad Gypsies of Rajasthan have performed over 1,200 concerts in over 110 countries, delighting audiences for the last Eighteen years.
- Queen Elizabeth II’s Diamond Jubilee celebration in London; Performing for the honourable Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi;
- Performing for the President of France, François Hollande;
- Birthday party for the lead vocalist of The Rolling Stones, Mick Jagger.
- Collaborations with: “Queen of the Gypsies” Esma Redžepova – Macedonia,
Romano Drom – Hungary,
Orchestra di Piazza Vittorio – Italy,
Cheikh sedi Bémol – Algeria,
Mathieu Chedid – France,
Warsaw Village Band – Poland,
LP Pop Rock star from USA, and
Carmin Belgodere – Corsica;
- Sziget Festival – Hungary,
- WOMAD Festival UK,
- Olympic Games in Greece 2004,
- Hong Kong Art Festival,
- Paleo Festival – Switzerland,
- Formula 1 Singapore,
- Capital of Culture Bahrain,
- National Day of Dubai,
- National Radio & Cross Culture Festival of Poland,
- Philharmonic Concert Hall of Koln – Germany,
- Festival Notte Della Taranta in (200,000 audience members) – Italy in 2018,
- Festival Romafest in Japan in 26 cities, Tokyo, Kobi, Osaka, Kyoto etc ,
- 35 cities in the United States, including: World Music Festival Chicago,
- Harris Centre Folsom – California,
- Theatre Fox Tuscon – Texas,
- McCain Auditorium – Manhattan, Kansas,
- Canada: Vancouver Symphony Hall, Sunfest Ontario London,
- 50 years of independence of Algeria,
- World Music Festival – Batumi – Georgia,
- Festival de la Pitic – Mexico,
- Créole world Music Festival – Guadeloupe,
- Nuit des Fouviere Lyon – France,
- Festival Bout du Monde – Crozon, France,
- Elysée Montmartre – Paris,
- Parc de la Villette – Paris,
- Festival Todos – Lisbonne – Portugal,
- Festival Mewazine – Morocco,
- Meknes, Casablanca,
- Amsterdam Roots Festival – Holland,
- Pirineos sur Festival – Spain
- Trondheim Festival, Forde Festival – Norway,
- Sfinks Festival, Bozar National concert of Brussels – Belgium,
- Urkult Festival Sweden,
- Etno soi – Finland